- Club Championships results are all available on results page.
A Huge well done to all that competed and made the club champs this year.
- Devon County Development Gala Results
Amazing swims from a lot of our swimmers that have just entered their first gala, well done. Results here
- English National Championships
English National Qualification –
Massive well done to Bob Whittaker for gaining entry to this years English National Championship at Ponds Ford Sheffield in August this year for the 200 IM. And that makes 4 Consecutive years for an entry for Mark at these Championships. Bob is following in the footsteps of Wil Hutchens, David Miller and India Martin. Fantastic achievement for our small but our very Proud Club.
- South West Championships News
Age Group South West Championships
Last weekend brought some great swims from all that competed, 1st day swims – well done to: India Martin – 4th in the final 100 free, Skye Pirie – 8th in the final of 100 back, Josh Gammon who gained a 15s pb in the 400 free and 9th and to James Wheatley and Zac Adams who competed in the 50m and 100m Backstroke.
2nd day swims: Well done to Isobel Howgate, Josh Gammon, Skye Pirie and James Wheatley. Isobe,l Josh and James all getting Pbs in their respective races from their short course times. Hope you all enjoyed the first weekend, bring on the 2nd weekend.
Second Weekend – Huge well done to those that swam – Laine Weatherley, Lily Wilson, Luana Parker, James Wheatley, Skye Pirie, India Martin, and Josh Gammon. Notably – India reached the final in the 50m fly and came in 4th and Josh Gammon gained 6th Place in the 1500m with a great Pb. But great swims and experience had by all the swimmers, well done.
Youth South West Championships
A Huge well done to the 8 swimmers who competed at the Youth South West Championships: Wil Hutchens, Tom Hutchens, Ellie Marquardt, Bob Whittaker, Grace Wood, Miles Miller, Greg Tully and Tyler Weatherley. Lots of great swims and PB’s. Wil, Grace, Bob and Tyler made finals of their respective races, but a Huge congratulation to Bob Whittaker who made every Final and gained a Bronze Medal in the 1500m.
- 2017 Watepolo fixtures available on Calendar and fixture tab
- Results from Youth South Western Championships are updated.
- Devon County Sprint Championship Results on Results Page
- Devon Long Distance Results Out
- Devon County Championship Results 2017 on results page for first two weekends
- Plymouth Christmas Sprint Results 2016 eventually available
- Arena Round 2 on Results page , Bring on Round 3 in Newport
- ALL the Exeter Hub Club Gala results on the Results page now.
- Exeter Hub Club Gala results for weekend 1 on results page. Fantastic swims from all the swimmers lots of PBs and Devon Qualification times.
- Arena League Round 1 Results – 2nd Place to Cardiff City, Fantastic Gala Great swims and support. Results in Results page
- Best Visiting Club Trophy at our First Gala of the Season. Fantastic swims from all especially as just back from training. Results on results page
- Club Champs Results are all up :-), Huge well done to ALL swimmers. A few Club Championship records have been Broken – Well Done to Wil Hutchens, Lily Nicols, India Martin & Laine Weatherley.
- NATIONAL SWIMMERS – India Martin has qualified for 100m Freestyle at the English national championships and Josh Gammon & Bob Whittaker has qualified for the ASA National Open Water championships in 1500m and 3000m respectively. Huge Well done to all 3 swimmers
- Amazing Swimming at Devon County Development Gala 🙂 Lots of medals and PB’s all round well done. Results are up
- 4th In the Interclub Gala !!!! Fantastic Team Swims and Support – Results are up
- Fantastic Mini Series – fantastic win to finish the series
Feantastic end to the mini series. And huge well done to all of the swimmers that have swam in any of the galas, amazing team effort and support. Thankyou so much to Ann Baines for all her organising and being a great team coach.
2017 Devon County Championships 800/1500 m
A Huge Well done to all those that competed in the 800m/1500m Devon Championships in Plymouth. Great swims by all!!
Josh Gammon who got GOLD in1500m Age Group 14yrs with 13s lead over his competitor.
Grace Wood 3rd in 16yrs and over 800m
Izzy Howgate 4th in 800m 14yrs age group
Jacob Insley 6th in the 1500m 15yrs age group
Devon County Sprint Championships March 5th
Massive well done to all that swam at these championships. So many PB’s and great swims and lots of Amazing Medal wins. Greg Tully and Izzy Howgate taking 1st in all the four strokes.
U15 Water Polo Team
On Saturday 17th October Barnstaple under 15 Water Polo Team travelled to Manchester’s Aquatic Centre for the under 15 National Age Group Inter-club competition. Their Six Players were combined with three from Exeter, two from Penzance and one from West Dorset.
In Barnstaple’s opening match against Watford they struggled to stop Petar Djorjic (who finished as second highest scorer in the tournament) going four goals behind before scoring their own first goal. Barnstaple got progressively stronger as the game went on but just ran out of time losing 5-7. Next up were Cheltenham who had beaten Watford 5-4 in their opening game but Barnstaple’s rapidly improving team beat them 7-6. Unfortunately this left Barnstaple narrowly bottom of their group on goal difference and thus in the playoff group for 9th to 12th place.
In their next games they beat city of Manchester B team 12-8 then Grantham 13-0. In their final game against Ealing they were trailing 4-5 when captain and top scorer Bob Whittaker was excluded from the rest of the match and as Barnstaple chased the game they kept being caught on the counter attack by Ealing’s Yalin Gulen and Samuel Nabli (the tournament’s first and third highest goal scorers) finally losing 4-14.
Bob Whittaker was joint fifth highest scorer for the tournament with 13 goals.
In the final Bridgefield (A composite team of clubs from Liverpool, Lancaster and Newcastle) beat Caledonian ( A composite team from all of Scotland) 2-1 with City of Sheffield getting the bronze medal by defeating City of Manchester A team 5-4
The team are pictured below.
From the left Theo Quantick (Exeter Goalkeeper) Jacob West (2 goals), Freddie Herring (Exeter 6 goals), Bob Whittaker, Miles Miller (4 goals), Ollie Bushnell, Cam Sydenham (Exeter 4 goals) Tyler Kearey (Penzance), Jacob Butterworth, Jacob West (2 goals) Alex Felton (West Dorset 5 goals), Fletcher Stevenson (Penzance 6 goals) and Jacob Allchorn (Goal Keeper). Coaches pictured Phil Sydenham and Simon Quantick
The Club would like to say a huge Good Luck to David Miller
David Miller has been given a huge opportunity and has been accepted at Plymouth College on a swim programme training under John Rudd. David has shown huge potential with his Breastroke and entered and competed at the Nationals in August. We would love to wish him all the best of luck and look forward to seeing him during College holidays.
Josh gains silver medal at his first ever County Championship
After the success at the long distance County Champs in January, hopes were high for more good swims at the next county championships. The swimmers came up with the goods, with Lily Nichols and Kelly Jeffery making the Championship finals, Lily winning silver. For Josh Gammon this was his first ever County Championship and he gained a silver in the 200 Individual Medley. Well done, Josh. Many swimmers made the age group finals with numerous personal bests.